February 17, 2007

Reality from Realty One's Cleveland Real Estate Agent

So I ask this real estate agent from Realty One to send me a form for review at my convenience, prior to a meeting. No, I am not going to list the name of the real estate agent. I ain't trying to disparage her.

The Analogy: The real estate agent says that a doctor's office does not send forms to a potential patient but presents the forms when the patient arrives at the clinic to see the doctor.

The implication was, using the same logic, why should a real estate agent send the the forms to the prospective client? Hmmmm?

I suppose that is one viewpoint. Is this viewpoint valid? One similarity that I note between real estate agency and doctor patient agency is the fiduciary relationship. One dissimilarity is that real estate services is a human want whereas medical services is a human need.

As an update I must note that the realtor did send the requested forms. And I am rather certain that a doctor's office would also send forms if the patient made a request, perhaps, without offering an analogy.

Question: How do you decide that you have found the right real estate agent?
Answer
: When you hear the right answers from your real estate agent.

No comments: